We had a great Feast Day in Kindergarten today! They made their Indian hats and place mats. And they wore their "ug" necklaces, which had words like jug, hug, bug, dug and pug on it. Loved it!
Everyone brought a food they were thankful for and then everyone got to pick their own food to make a thoughtful kabob. Very clever! Mrs. L even talked about the different food groups which was awesome too.
Fruit and Vegetables!
Grains and Dairy!
Meat and Sweets too, but I didn't take a picture! :(
Even though I'm from Vernal, Utah, the Wrestling Capital of the World, I haven't watched a lot of wrestling.
Except, when my little brother wrestled when he was about 5 or 6 years old.
That was 30 years ago.
I don't really like to watch boys get thrown around on a mat, but I will go to every match and cringe until it's over. Jacek got a bloody nose the last second of his match. He wrestled a Polynesian kid that I know outweighed him by 20-30 pounds.
Jacek almost had him pinned in the first round.
At the end of three rounds, it was tied 5-5, so they had to have a 4th round. The other kid got the first 2 points and so it ended 7-5.
Jacek did great though, for his first wrestling match.
I saw this list on someone else's blog and decided that I had to post it on mine. You're supposed to bold the things that you've done in your life. After reading through this list, I realized what an incredibly full life I've had. I never really realized it before, but it was kind of exhilarating to be able to bold so many of these. So here it is:
1. Started your own blog 2. Slept under the stars 3.Played in a band ....at school 4. Visited Hawaii 5. Watched a meteor shower 6. Given more than you can afford to charity 7. Been to Disneyland /world 8. Climbed a mountain 9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo 11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris 13. Watched a lightning storm at sea 14. Taught yourself an art from scratch 15. Adopted a child 16. Had food poisoning 17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty 18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France 20. Slept on an overnight train 21. Had a pillow fight 22. Hitch hiked 23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill 24. Built a snow fort 25. Held a lamb 26. Gone skinny dipping 27. Run a Marathon 28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice 29. Seen a total eclipse 30. Watched a sunrise or sunset 31. Hit a home run 32. Been on a cruise 33. Seen Niagara Falls in person 34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors 35. Seen an Amish community 36. Taught yourself a new language 37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied 38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person 39. Gone rock climbing 40. Seen Michelangelo's David 41. Sung karaoke 42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt 43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant 44. Visited Africa 45. Walked on a beach by moonlight 46. Been transported in an ambulance 47. Had your portrait painted 48. Gone deep sea fishing 49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person 50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris 51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling 52. Kissed in the rain 53. Played in the mud 54. Gone to a drive-in theater 55. Been in a movie 56. Visited the Great Wall of China 57. Started a business 58. Taken a martial arts class 59. Visited Russia 60. Served at a soup kitchen 61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies 62. Gone whale watching 63. Got flowers for no reason 64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma 65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp 67. Bounced a check 68. Flown in a helicopter 69. Saved a favorite childhood toy 70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial 71. Eaten Caviar 72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades 75. Been fired from a job 76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London 77. Broken a bone 78. Been on a speeding motorcycle 79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person 80. Published a book 81. Visited the Vatican 82. Bought a brand new car 83. Walked in Jerusalem 84. Had your picture in the newspaper 85. Read the entire Bible 86. Visited the White House 87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating 88. Had chickenpox 89. Saved someone's life 90. Sat on a jury 91. Met someone famous 92. Joined a book club 93. Lost a loved one 94. Had a baby 95. Seen the Alamo in person 96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake 97. Been involved in a law suit 98. Owned a cell phone 99. Been stung by a bee 100. Read an entire book in one day
I love Co-op Kindergarten because every month we get to go on at least one field trip. This month is was to a bread shop. The first order of business was helping 22 want-to-be bakers wash their hands. No easy task, mind you!
Then, they all gathered around the big floured butcher block table and waited patiently while Ms. Lynn divided up the bread dough.
It was a requirement for the students of Bread Making 101 to dab some flour on their noses. And some overachievers, got extra credit for flouring their cheeks and chins. :)
First, the sous-chefs pounded the crap out of gently worked the dough with their fists hands.
Then, they kneaded the dough over and over again.
I love the serious looks on all of their faces in this one!
So, then this....
turned into this.
While the starfish were baking in the giant oven, Ms. Lynn showed them the big mixing bowl and then weighed everyone on the scale.
Keaton was the big winner coming in at 73 pounds, followed closely by his buddy M at 72 pounds.
Ms. Lynn demonstrated the big flour mill.
It was pretty loud!!!
Everyone got a yummy cinnamon roll and a cup of water for a snack, which was a hit with the kids.